As a HPC experiment I created a gravity simulator. It is a simple machine realizing the classic n-body problem. The code itself can run both sequentially and on cluster (using PVM). Here are some movies I rendered on the university computation farm.
Warning: those files tend to be enormous…
- A first try, just after integrating a raytracer.
- After implementing camera control.
- Made the camera go closer, adding colours.
- A bigger simulation.
- Top, Front - Implemented double cameras, small simulation.
- Top, Front, Composite - A big simulation, unfortunately with dropped frames and wrong universe parameters.
- Top, Front - Above simulation retried with much less dense cloud.